As important as physical health is to us, our peace of mind is equally important. It is believed that the residence of a healthy mind is possible only within a healthy body, so we should keep our body healthy at all costs so that our mind and thoughts can be strong.
As we all know that to keep the body healthy we need healthy food and exercise, in the same way good eating habits, fasting, yoga, meditation etc. are extremely beneficial for our state of mind. Having the recent occasion of world mental health day, 2021, today we will make you aware about some of the factors of mental health, which by including in our daily life can lead to an unprecedented increase in the mental health of an individual thus preventing the person from various other complex diseases and mind blown situations.
Yoga for peace of mind
Yoga being a combination of medicine, exercise, relaxation and even socialization is a great way to overcome various health ailments along with anxiety and depression. The healing process of yoga strengthens our body and balances it physically, mentally and spiritually which finally results in healthy body healthy mind for the yogis.
Following are some of the benefits of yoga:
- Yoga promotes concentration, focus and memory.
- Yoga (PTSD) reduces the effects of post-traumatic stress and similar conditions.
- Yoga relieves anxiety and depression.
- Yoga keeps our mind young and healthy.
- Yoga improves our mood.
Major Yogasanas that enhance mental health:
- Surya Namaskara.
- Anulom-Vilom pranayama.
- and various other breathing exercises.
Meditation for peace of mind
Meditation is such a power that along with enhancing our self-consciousness and self-realization, it also makes us and the environment around us happy.
Benefits of meditation:
- Meditation provides better self-awareness and self-esteem, freedom from stress and anxiety.
- Meditation strengthens physical health.
- Meditation can improve tolerance levels for pain and may help fight substance addiction.
- Meditation encourages better focus and concentration.
- It can also help in fighting any kind of addiction.
- It controls pain and removes anxiety and depression.
Fasting benefits for peace of mind
When we fast, we stop taking food for some time, or instead use some light food or some fruits. This drastically reduces the amount of toxins flowing through our blood vessels and the lymphatic system within the body, which ultimately supports our body to heal internally and rejuvenate the digestive system thus enhancing our overall health.
Few of the benefits of fasting:
- Fasting increases brain function.
- Fasting improves mood and also controls symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Fasting enhances our immunity.
- Fasting destroys the extra calories and toxins present within our body.
Good eating habits
A good eating habit does not only means that what we eat should be beneficial for our body and for our mental health, but it should also be taken care that it does not harm our body or mind in any way.
The first thing in a good eating habit is to set our eating timings. The food should not be such that on the first day we took 6 times and on the second day we could not even eat. It is very important to have our meal on a fixed timing and on the basis of our hunger.
Within the balanced diet, it is beneficial to have sprouted pulses in the breakfast and having meals accompanied by salad, onion, tomato, beet, etc. Along with this, by having garlic, turmeric, clove, black pepper, giloy, basil, mint etc. in our meal enhances our energy level along with the immunity of our body.