Before discussing the natural ways to boost immunity, let us know what immunity is exactly? “In general immunity is the power or ability of an organism to protect it from harmful microorganisms.”
Table of Content [hide]
Kitchen being one of the best source of health in our day to day life, we will be discussing few key items which can prove its worth in tough times with no side effects to each and every individual. Let us explore some powerful items that you can easily find at your home to activate your immune system by consuming them in your day to day habits.
- Use of black pepper with honey helps to reduce normal cough and cold.
- It is a rich source of antioxidants and improves blood sugar.
- It may help to prevent free radical damage to our cells.
- It is a simple spice used all over the world, which was not just flavored in food. It also enhances the nutritional value of our meal.
- Using of only two cloves with worm water per day is convenient for stomach pain, acidity and diarrhea, and it improves digestion also.
- It also helps in tooth pain, sore throat and pain, cold, viral infection, asthma, and cough.
- It can work as an immunity booster food due to the presence of vitamin C and potassium.
- It is rich in antioxidants, antiviral and antibacterial properties that can boost our immunity faster.
- It can be used as a spice for food and tea.
- It is loaded with vitamin B6 and manganese.
- Ginger has also water, carbohydrates, proteins and fat which can helps to build our body and also in curing cold, cough and sore throat.
- The best way to consume ginger is by getting it boiled in water.
- We can also roast ginger in fire or cook it in salt water. It gives instant relief from cough and cold.
- It has high amount of sulfur. Our body needs sulfur mainly to build the each and every cell of the body and fix the DNA.
- Garlic saves our body cells from getting damaged and takes us far away from cancer like disease.
- It also contributes in metabolic activities.
- Onion is also rich in sulfur.
- If someone has cough and cold for a long time, eating raw onion soaked in honey provides relief in it.
- While eating onion is beneficial for everyone but it is most beneficial for diabetic patient. It helps to opening the blood vessels and maintains the blood rate.
- Use of raw onion in summer season prevents heatstroke.
- It is a very good source of vitamin C. it reduces illness and prevent from blood clotting. It is also beneficial for blood circulation.
- Amla strengthens our immune system. It can be used in the form of fruit or as a powder or as a juice.
- It is good for our gut health too.
- Apples contains good amount of potassium and vitamin C.
- It supports our immune system and also maintains a healthy blood pressure.
- Lemon is full of antibacterial, antiviral and immune boosting properties. It contains vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, bioplanide and citric acid which give strength to your immunity.
- Giloy is also known as Amrita, which means the root of immortality.
- It helps to reducing the jaundice. Add Giloy powder to the boiling water. Let water evaporate on low flame. When the mixture turns to a thick paste dry it and make pills. These pills are beneficial for preventing liver diseases.
- We can use Giloy with Black pepper and Kalmegh. Its regular consumption prevents from many infectious diseases.
- Mint is rich in antioxidants. It prevents form many bacteria’s and also kills laziness from an individual.
- It also helps to reduce the problem of asthma and several other type of allergies.
- Mint contains menthol that breaks up mucus and phlegm.