You must have heard someone saying that “Oh I am sick, I have Uric Acid”, well technically everyone has uric acid. The problem is not having Uric Acid, it is basically the high quantity of Uric Acid that our body fails to remove.
The three key components of our daily intake are proteins, fats and carbohydrates. The end product of the processed protein within the body is the Uric acid.
So what is Uric Acid and how is it produced?
It is a chemical compound created in our body when we eat foods rich in purine like red meat, anchovies, seafood, alcoholic beverages etc. Purine is present in our body naturally as well. So when digestion takes place and Purines are broken down “Uric Acid” is produced. This Uric Acid dissolves into the blood and travels to kidneys. From there it is removed by our body along with Urine.
But sometimes higher levels of Uric Acid are produced and our body fails to dispose it off.
Higher level of Uric Acid in our blood leads to a condition called Hyperuricemia. It also leads to Gout in certain cases.
How can I know if I have Uric Acid?
A simple blood test is enough to find out whether or not your body has higher levels of Uric Acid.
The normal range of uric acid in body for men is 3.4 to 7 mg/dL and for women is 2.4 to 6 mg/dL.
Tips to maintain the level of Uric Acid in our body
The following home remedies will help you control the Uric Acid.
- Since it is the high level of Purine intake that leads to higher level of Uric Acid in blood avoid eating Purine rich food.
- A healthy body automatically repels a thousand diseases. As the fat cells produce much uric acid as compared to the muscle cells, thus getting rid of the overweight could be one of the best and the easiest method to counter the increase in the uric acid.
- Having lime water on a daily basis helps knock out excess uric acid from the blood. Lime juice contains citric acid. This dissolves the Uric Acid which further is passed out through the urine. Along with this fruits rich in vitamin C should also be consumed.
- Basically consumption of apple could be done in two ways, either having it as a solid fruit or in the form of apple cider vinegar. It acts as a natural detoxifier, as the malic acid present in the apple helps in breaking down the uric acid.
- Having antioxidant rich fruits and vegetables.
- Maintaining insulin level is also advised as it is directly connected to the excess of uric acid in the body.
- Having alkaline food also helps maintain the acid level within the body.
- Avoiding processed sugar intake.
- Avoiding alcoholic intake as it dehydrates the body, thus causing excessive pressure on the kidney.
- Having high fibre diet helps absorb the excess uric acid from the blood.
- Drinking plenty of water do works well, as it helps improve the blood flow thus helps in avoiding the accumulation of uric acid within the joints.
- Including yogic practices helps relieving stress, getting good quality sleep and also improving muscle health, thus helping the body to avoid any kind of inflammation within; as inflammation is also one of the reasons of increasing uric acid within the body.