In todays day to day life Tea and Coffee has become an important part of our existence. Importance of the beverages is such that our days often starts with them and probably ends too. The consumption of tea and coffee across the world has increased to such an extent that knowingly or unknowingly most of the consumers are harming themselves. Even though they are having several health benefits but their overconsumption harms too. Today we will be discussing few of the health benefits and risks associated with the respective beverages.
Tea is an all season beverage and is a very important part of many households. It provides a sense of satisfaction and warmth. Multiple options of tea are available with their peculiar health benefits.
Some of the most important health benefits of Tea are:
- It contains antioxidants. The antioxidants are very important for the body. They not only help us in staying young but also prevent us from the pollution damage.
- It will give you a quick boost of energy with comparatively less caffeine.
- Consumption of Green tea reduces the risk of heart attack or stroke.
- Studies suggest that Green tea can also supplement the process of weight loss.
- The multiple benefits of tea include prevention of bone health.
- Tea can boost the immune system.
- It can also boost oral health thereby making teeth stronger and the smile brighter.
- It has the potential to soothe the digestive system.
- It can help in battling cancer.
Risks associated with Tea:
- It can cause restlessness, stress and anxiety.
- It can cause insomnia.
- It leads to reduced iron consumption.
- It may complicate pregnancies.
- It can lead to caffeine dependence.
- In some cases it causes dizziness, nausea and headache.
The best way to boost your productivity and increase the concentration is a quick shot of Espresso (Coffee). Available in many varieties coffee is indeed the drink of the era.
Here are few of its health benefits:
- It can reduce muscle pain.
- It is fibrous and helps in increasing your fibre intake.
- Decreases the risk of Type 2 Diabetes.
- Reduces the risk of anxiety and depression. Studies have proven that consumption of coffee decreases the risk of suicide.
- It reduces the risk of Parkinson’s disease.
- Those who drink coffee have a strong DNA.
- It decreases the risk of heart diseases.
- It reduces the risk of a number of cancers.
- It is rich in Antioxidants
- It increases longevity.
Risks associated with consumption of Coffee:
- Overconsumption of coffee can cause death.
- It increases blood pressure.
- It can cause indigestion.
- It can cause insomnia.
- It can reduce fertility in women.