You must have heard about heart attack. Heart attack can happen to any individual and if the symptomatic individual is not consciously provided the necessary treatment then it may also cause his death.
Table of Content [hide]
When does a heart attack occurs?
A heart attack occurs when the blood flow to the heart is blocked. This blockage is mainly caused by fats and cholesterol, which forms a clot in the heart coronary arteries, blocking the necessary blood flow. Interrupted blood flow can damage or destroy the parts of a heart muscle, which eventually may results in a heart attack.
As per a report of ‘The Hindu’, about 28% of people in India die of heart attack. These figures are enough to describe the frightening condition of the heart attack, but it is unfortunate that the number of its patients is increasing very rapidly.
Heart attack is also called myocardial infarction. In which “Myo” means muscle and “cardial” means heart, In this, the death of tissue due to lack of blood supply can also cause permanent damage to a person’s heart muscle.
Common Symptoms of Heart Attack
- Severe chest pain (pressure, tightness, pain, or a squeezing or aching sensation in the chest or arms that may spread to your neck, jaw, or back).
- Restlessness, sweating, upset stomach, vomiting and dizziness.
- Severe weakness, tiredness and shortness of breath.
- Fast or uneven heartbeats.
- and Feeling suffocated.
Heart Attack Causes
- Increase in cholesterol : Increase in cholesterol is considered to be an important reason in heart disease. It increases due to the excessive consumption of oily and the junk food, while the problem of increasing cholesterol is more for non-veg eaters as meat, fish, chicken and the eggs are the leading sources of the increase in bad cholesterol within the blood vessels.
- Diabetes : The pancreas of our body secretes the necessary required insulin within the body. It is produced less or not at all in the diabetic patients, which leads to the increased glucose level within the body, which ultimately increases the risk of possible heart attack.
- High blood pressure : Heart attack can also be a result of high blood pressure. For this reason, a person suffering from BP should get high blood pressure treated properly, so that he does not have any serious complications ahead.
- Stress : Nowadays due to the fast changing lifestyle of societies, the necessary balance between the work and the health has lost its importance. Which has led to the downfall in physical and mental health conditions of an individual making the environment stressful around. For example, due to excessive work pressure, a state of irritability arises in the person and the blood pressure of that person starts increasing, which can increase the chances of heart attack in the person.
- Obesity : Being overweight can raise your LDL and triglyceride levels, increasing your chances of developing diabetes. All of these are potential risk factors behind heart attacks. Being physically active and eating a limited amount of food is the basis for maintaining an ideal body weight.
- Genetics : Several studies of the scientists has highlighted the fact that the symptoms of heart disease in any person can come together due to heredity traits which can lead to heart attack.