Rembering Dr A P J Abdul Kalam, the peoples president on his death anniversary, who lead his inspiring life journey from a small village at Rameswaram in Tamil Nadu and became the beloved president of the country. His entire life is an inspiration for the youth of the country and around the world. His hard work and dedication towards his profession brought many proud moments for the country and laid the foundation of the new India in the field of defence and space technology. He is also remembered for his vision for the developed India as he had suggested several key areas to be focused to achieve it. He was the personality who believed in the empowerment of the youth of the country and for that he never missed any opportunity to give his inspiring and visionary speeches to them. 27th July, 2015 was the day when he took his last breath while delivering a speech at the IIM Shillong.
Remembering the legend here are the few facts about him:
- He was the first bachelor and a vegetarian, 11th president of the Republic of India for the tenure of 2002-07.
- He was honored with Padma Bhushan (1981), Padma Vibhushan (1990) and the Bharat Ratna (1997).
- Wings of fire: An Autobiography was published in 14 languages including English, French and Chinese.
- During the historic nuclear test by the country he was the Chief Scientific Advisor to the PM and Secretary of the DRDO.
- He was called the ‘missile man’ as he led India to the development and operationalisation of the key missiles for the country like the Agni and the Prithvi.
Here is the short compilation of few of his inspiring speeches.