The governing body of European Football, UEFA has begun the process of inviting for licensing rights. The invite is for the competition cycle 2021-2024 in 11 different categories.
Here’s the full list of different categories for auction under licensing rights
- Main watch (Official Licensed Watch Partner)
- Unbranded Apparel & Novelty (no manufacturer branding on products)
- Onsite Finals Retail (merchandise sales points at competition finals)
- Online Retail (Official UEFA online store for various regions)
- Other Retail
- Business Accessories
- Male Grooming
- Finals Panoramic Photograph products
- White Label Watch (no manufacturer branding on the product)
According to reports, the sales will be handled by a team that entirely markets media and licensing rights to the Championship, Youth leagues, etc.
The bidders are told to contact the team by 10 July, for taking part in the sales process. It has also been informed that the sales will be launched this year in the third quarter.
It is said the club and player’s rights are needed to be secured by IP Owners, or they won’t be granted as a part of the sale.
The sales process will include the licensing of video games, trophy replicas, along with toys and board games.